Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Fun with Wheat Blog
Baking for the holidays? Check out our great recipe for sugar cookies. It’s sure to please family and friends. Find the recipe here.
NWB call for proposals for FY 2017-2018
The Nebraska Wheat Board has issued its call for proposals for project funding in fiscal year 2017-2018. The submission deadline is 5:00 pm CST Wednesday, January 25, 2017. All proposals should be submitted electronically to wheat.board@Nebraska.gov. Additional information can be found in the RFP press release nwb-calls-for-2017-2018-proposals or in the RFP 2017 guidelines 2017-rfp.
NWGA and NWB talk national issues
Representatives from NWGA and NWB spent three days in Denver attending meetings with the National Association of Wheat Growers and US Wheat Associates and discussed issues from international trade to federal farm policy.
Caroline Brauer, Ag Promotion Coordinator, talks about the tailgate event Nebraska Wheat participated in with other commodity groups and Russ’s Market to talk about agriculture with consumers shopping before a football game
Robertson elected Chairman of NWB
Brent Robertson of Elsie was recently elected chairman of NWB. He replaces Rick Larson of Potter who served as chair for two years. Bob Delsing of Hemingford was elected vice chairman.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2016 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.