Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Wheat Ambassador Application Open
UNL students of any major are allowed to apply for the NWB Wheat Ambassador program. Selected students will receive a $1,000 scholarship in exchange for participation at trade show events and giving several classroom presentations. An application and more information on the program can be found here: Wheat Ambassador Application. Deadline to apply is COB April 1, 2017.
Bake & Take 2017
Nebraska Wheat farmers and board members arrived in Lincoln to share cinnamon rolls and tell the story of wheat as part of the annual Bake & Take promotion. March is Bake & Take month, and the board launched the program a little early this year to allow more groups time to prepare and join in the fun. Stickers and recipe cards are available upon request from the NWB office. A downloadable and printable copy of this year’s recipes is also available here: 2017 Bake & Take cards for print
Dave Green, Executive VP of the Wheat Quality Council talks about his new role with the organization and the meeting held by WQC earlier in the week.
NWB sends producers on tour to Portland, Ore.
Ten producers and wheat industry representatives are on their way to Portland to participate in the annual Wheat Export and Marketing workshop sponsored by NWB and the Wheat Marketing Center. Stay tuned to NWB’s social media accounts for photos and updates.
UNL Wheat program receives national grant
UNL’s wheat breeding program recently received a 3-year grant from USDA to develop higher-yielding hybrid wheat lines. More information on the grant and research can be found here.
Fun with Wheat Blog
Need an easy holiday breakfast option? Try our overnight eggnog French toast recipe. Is super easy and sure to please the family. Get the recipe here.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2016 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.