Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Robertson elected Chairman of NWB
Brent Robertson of Elsie was recently elected chairman of NWB. He replaces Rick Larson of Potter who served as chair for two years. Bob Delsing of Hemingford was elected vice chairman.
NWB’s district 4 director, Kent Lorens, talks about his participation with US Wheat Associates in the International Food Assistance and Food Security Conference
Nebraska welcomes Trimex Trade Team
A trade team representing the largest milling operation in Mexico will visit Nebraska for two days. The team is investigating purchasing US wheat, and will tour several local grain elevators, visit with Nebraska farmers, and talk with both BNSF Railway and UP Railroad.
Fun with Wheat Blog
This week’s treat: Our traditional State Fair Cinnamon Rolls. Find the recipe here.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2016 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.