Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
NWB sets annual budget
The NWB set its annual budget for FY 16-17 during the annual budget meeting last week. Letters to contractors and organizations who submitted RFPs for FY16-17 will be sent out shortly notifying whether or not funding was allotted by NWB. Those with questions prior to receiving their letter may contact the NWB office.
Nebraska Wheat crop report
Drier conditions allowed for more maturation of the crop, with much of the wheat headed and some flowering across the state. Read more about this and other issues in the most recent crop report here.
Fun with Wheat Blog
This week’s treat: Crockpot Cherry Chocolate Lava Cake. Find the recipe here.
Randon Peters, NWGA president talks about his appointment as chair of the Domestic Trade and Policy Committee for the National Association of Wheat Growers.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2013 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.