Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Nebraska Wheat not participating in state fair
NWB and NWGA will not be participating in the 2016 Nebraska State Fair. In past years the organizations have brought their “World of Wheat” display and Mobile Baking Lab with homemade cinnamon rolls to the fair to tell the story of wheat. However, for several reasons, the organizations will not participate this year. More information on the decision can be found here.
Intern Application Open
NWB is accepting applications for the fall internship. The application can be found here and is due by close of business September 2, 2016.
Fun with Wheat Blog
This week’s treat: Easy Raspberry Tart. Find the recipe here.
NWB board member Von Johnson talks about his participation in a trade mission to Taiwan.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2013 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.