Working to ensure the wheat industry and our wheat producers’ way of life can continue into the future.
Nebraska welcomes Tried Trade Team
A trade team representing the largest milling operation in Mexico will visit Nebraska for two days. The team is investigating purchasing US wheat, and will tour several local grain elevators, visit with Nebraska farmers, and talk with both BNSF Railway and UP Railroad.
Talking wheat at AKSARBEN
NWB and NWGA brought the World of Wheat display to Omaha to talk wheat with elementary students and consumers during the AKSARBEN stockshow and rodeo. The booth is open 9-6 Friday and Saturday, September 23 and 24.
Caroline Brauer, NWB Ag promotion coordinator talks about NWB’s participation in the upcoming Husker Harvest Days.
Fun with Wheat Blog
This week’s treat: Our traditional State Fair Cinnamon Rolls. Find the recipe here.
- Visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s page about all things wheat.
- Keep up to date with crop production and pest management practices via UNL’s CropWatch newsletter.
- View information on the 2013 Winter Wheat Variety Trials.
- Learn more about the Panhandle Research and Extension Center.
- View the Wheat Disease Profiles I and the Wheat Disease Profiles II.
- Take the Virtual Wheat Varieties Tour.
- Learn more about the Small Grains Breeding being done by Dr. P. Stephen Baenziger at UNL.